This is a very simple waffle recipe. I like to make a big batch and freeze the extra waffles. During the week I’ll pop them in the toaster for a quick breakfast. I actually prefer my waffles without any butter or syrup, so I can just wrap them in a napkin and eat them on the go.
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup frozen wild blueberries
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine all ingredients except blueberries in a large bowl. Stir until blended (a few small lumps are okay). Fold in the blueberries.
- Ladle the batter onto the hot waffle iron, close the lid, and cook until golden and little or no steam escapes the waffle iron (about 3 to 5 minutes). It’s okay to peek if you’re not sure!
Depending on your waffle iron you’ll probably use about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter per waffle. As such, your cooking times will vary. Check the instructions for your waffle iron. If you lost the instructions, start with the smaller amount for your first waffle, then adjust accordingly. You also may or may not need to grease the waffle iron. If it’s non-stick, you’re probably okay without the grease.