This is an absurdly simple recipe, but it is such a wonderful way to enjoy fresh, ripe tomatoes. We have had an abundance of these juicy, red globes this season, so they’ve been starring in several of our meals each week.
The sandwich, once assembled, will keep for a few hours without becoming a soggy mess. This makes it a great option to pack in a lunch bag or take on a picnic. Keep it well wrapped until you’re ready to eat.
- 1 French baguette
- 2 ounces pesto
- 8 ounces fresh buffalo mozzarella
- 1 large tomato
- Cut baguette in half lengthwise.
- Spread 1 ounce of pesto on each half of bread.
- Slice mozzarella about 1/4-inch thick and arrange on bottom half of baguette.
- Slice tomato a bit thinner than the mozzarella and layer on top of the cheese.
- Replace top of baguette and slice sandwich into 4 equal servings.