A breakfast place I used to frequent had samples of a pumpkin spread made from a mix. It was amazing! Served with graham crackers it tastes like you’re eating pumpkin cheesecake. I grabbed a box of the mix and decided I wasn’t paying that much for what was essentially a blend of spices with a small can of pumpkin (you had to supply your own cream cheese). Instead, I came up with my own spice blend, added the cream cheese and pumpkin, and it tastes just as wonderful for half the price! I usually serve it with honey graham sticks or spread it on a toasted bagel.
- 1/2 can canned pumpkin
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat the cream cheese with a wooden spoon or hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add sugar and mix until no longer grainy.
- Add pumpkin, spices, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Serve immediately, or store refrigerated in a sealed container up to 1 week.