This cookie recipe has been around forever. There are infinite variations of it around the Internet, sometimes under different names. My mother-in-law calls them Hello Dolly Bars. I got this version from my aunt at least a couple of decades ago. I debated posting yet another incarnation until a friend asked me recently for the recipe.
I feel it is my duty as a recipe blogger to spread awareness about such important things as what is possibly the world’s easiest cookie recipe. Seriously, there’s no mixing, rolling or shaping. Just dump the ingredients in the pan in the proper order and bake. And they are oh-so-addicting! Truly these “magic” cookies were aptly named.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (325ºF if using a glass dish).
- In 13 x 9 inch baking pan, melt butter. Sprinkle crumbs over butter.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs.
- Top evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts; press down gently.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting. Loosely cover any leftovers.