Original recipe published by Brown Bag Cookie Art.
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar unsifted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour unsifted
- Cream the butter until it is light.
- Cream in the powdered sugar, then the vanilla.
- Now work in the flour.
- Knead the dough on an unfloured board until nice and smooth.
- Spray the shortbread pan very lightly with a non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- Firmly press the dough into the shortbread pan. Prick the entire surface with a fork, and bake the shortbread right in the pan at 325ºF for about 30-35 minutes, or until very lightly browned.
- Let the shortbread cool in its pan for about 10 minutes before you loosen the edges with a knife and flip the pan over onto a wooden cutting board. If the shortbread does not come right out, tap one edge of the pan.
- Cut the shortbread into serving pieces while it is still warm.
Â© 2012 Dawn's Recipes - All Rights Reserved