In honor of Pi Day (3.14…nyuk nyuk!) I’m sharing one of my dirty little secrets with you. Here’s a pie that requires no cooking or baking whatsoever, but still tastes fabulous! If you burn the water trying to make tea, you can still make this pie. Hey, even I need a break from cooking now and then!
Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
For 2 Pies
- 2 chocolate cookie pie shells (I used Oreo™)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 4 cups (32 ounces) light cream, well chilled
- 1 package banana cream instant JELL-O™ pudding mix
- 1 package chocolate instant JELL-O™ pudding mix
- 1 can whipped cream
- Arrange the sliced bananas in a single layer in each pie shell. You may have extra slices depending on how thickly you cut them, so feel free to snack away as you finish this.
- Whisk the banana pudding mix into 2 cups of the light cream for 2 minutes. Immediately pour into the prepared shells, allowing about 1 cup each. Refrigerate and let set a few minutes while you finish snacking on those bananas.
- Take the pies back out and whisk the chocolate pudding mix into the remaining light cream, again for 2 minutes. Pour about 1 cup into each of the pie shells. Cover the pies and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Top with whipped cream, either the whole pie or individual slices, immediately before serving. If you do it ahead of time, the whipped cream will liquefy.
- Now sit back and enjoy the praises, and act like you spent all day in the kitchen making them!
Â© 2012 Dawn's Recipes - All Rights Reserved