This recipe is from the 1996 edition of Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book.
- 1 3/4 cups graham crackers finely crushed
- 1/4 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel finely shredded, opt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup milk
- For crust, combined crushed graham crackers, walnuts, and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter. If desired, reserve 1/4 cup of the crumb mixture for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of an 8- or 9-inch springform pan. Set pan aside.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla, and, if desired, lemon peel with an electric mixer till combined. Add eggs and egg yolk all at once, beating on low speed just till combined. Stir in milk.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan. If desired, sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Place on a shallow baking pan in oven. Bake in a 375ºF oven for 45 to 50 minutes for the 8-inch pan, 35 to 40 minutes for the 9-inch pan, or till center appears nearly set when shaken.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen the crust from sides of pan and cool 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan; cool cheesecake completely. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
Â© 2012 Dawn's Recipes - All Rights Reserved