There are two things I love about Carrabba’s: their manicotti and the herb mix they serve with their bread. I found a recipe that come very close to this herb mix on Recipezaar.com. I’ve made a few changes since finding it. For one thing, I quadrupled the recipe, yielding about a cup of the mix when finished. Trust me, this stuff is so good you’re going to want extra!
- 1/4 cup basil, packed
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, packed
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, packed
- 4 cloves garlic slightly crushed
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine the fresh herbs and garlic in a food processor. Pulse a few times to coarsely chop the ingredients.
- Add the dried herbs, salt and peppers. Pulse several more times until you have a coarse, uniform mixture.
- Stir in olive oil and lemon juice.
- To serve, place half a teaspoon (or more if you like it strong) on a small plate and pour on some olive oil.
- Serve with warm, crusty bread.
The herb mix freezes very well in an air tight container and will keep for months.