I first posted this recipe in 2007, but I decided to dig it out of the archives because of all the apples I’ve been getting in my CSA share lately. I figure it was a good candidate for an update because A) the original photos were kind of ugly and B) I wanted to make a few minor changes to the recipe itself.
As written, the recipe originally made 6 tarts, but I ended up with a lot of excess pie crust dough that got discarded. So I made a few changes to the filling amounts, and now the recipe makes 8 tarts with little or no wasted dough left over.
I hope you find the changes helpful! Here’s the link to the original post with updated pictures and recipe: